Tuesday, October 8, 2013

LETS TALK FOOD

This week I bought two items for the kitchen, the first is a Little Ark Grain Mill that I went halves in with my sister.  We paid $40 each for it which was an awesome price since they retail for $200.  I can't wait to try it out but am still trying to source some good quality, reasonably priced grain.
 
The second piece is a Spirooli.  I have wanted one for ages but have been wanting to buy local and as luck would have it when I was in our local organic store today, there was one on the shelf.  I made the most amazing sweet potato noodle pasta for tea tonight, two of the kids had a taste and asked me to make them some too which I gladly did. 


Here is the machine, it comes with three blades and is so quick and easy to use.  As you can see I just finished using it and hadn't cleaned it as yet.

Darren caught a small shark last night so it was fish and chips for him and the kids for tea, well Sophie and Lachie had two teas including my pasta LOL.  I didn't have time to make breadcrumbs so Darren coated the fish with polenta, I had a taste and it was yummy and crunchy.

On the weekend I made pizzas, meaty ones for my family and vegetarian for me.  To make the dough, I just used my everyday bread dough and the garlic bread was made from a leftover loaf I had made a couple of days before.  I think if I let them the kids would eat pizza every night.

3 comments:

  1. Pall looks utterly delicious, that veg pasta looks amazing I so want to try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet potatoe. I cannot imagine the taste. Curious, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that pasta thing! I want one!! Love sweet potato :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading your comments and if I don't reply to all of them, please know I appreciate every one.
Have a lovely day :)